Monday 9 April 2007

Disgaea 2 - Filling the void in my soul

Feeling:Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Eating:The remnants of easter eggs
Listening to: Poirot in the next room (my dad got the box set for christmas so he's going though them one at a time)

Recently a friend of mine at uni was using his l33t pursuasion skillz on me, and convinced me that I should hunt down a rare-nay legendary game called 'Disgaea 2' and that it was impossible to find and i'd have to import, and it would be really expensive and it was never realesed in Australia, so i'd only find it on like e-bay and its like totally freaking awesome, and I'd have to play it, but deep down I knew I never would.
The next day, I went to EB and just for the hell of it asked if they had the game.The girl at the counter said 'sure I think we've got one in the back'
i was like OMFGWTFWHAAAATBBQLOLZGEHEEEHH??!!!!1 I literally was dancing around the store like a drunk Crono.

I may sound n00bish but I must type it in caps and bold for you to fully understand the magnitude:
THIS GAME IS AWESOME!
and I'm only up to chapter 5...

Its about a guy called Adell whose family has been cursed and turned into demons by the overlord of all demons Lord Zenon (oooh) so you have to defeat him and turn everyone back to being normal. BUT when your mother tries to summon him, something goes wrong and you end up summoning his bratty, spoilt daughter Rozalind who has spent her luxurious life locked in a mansion and never going outside. SO being the hero you promise to return her to her father and then kill him. You meet some real weirdos along the way; like a b-grade moviestar that eveyone thinks is dead; a ninja with the habit of saying zam; a sleezy, french, enchanted, schizophrenic frog (I <3 Tink). The story isn't just what makes this game though. It's everything. (or maybe I'm just horribly biased) Example: a health replenishing item called: "Charred Newt" -description: It didn't get better. Teehee. Teeheehee. Teeheeheehee (snortgiggle) Any game that references Monty Python is instantly a hit in my eyes.

Anyway I hope you get the picture, I wont bore you with any more of my flagrant boasting and mindless praise. Go get it yourself, and prove me wrong.

No comments: