Thursday 10 May 2007

Dreams really can come true... Almost.

Okay, with this rant, you should know that ever since I was 6, above all else I have wanted a dog. I have always wanted a dog. No specific reason why or breed (I've gone though phases from wanting a dalmation to a tibetian spaniel and evertything in between) I've just wanted one. But my parents still to this day, say no. 'Dogs are too much hassel'; 'dog smell'; 'you wouldn't look after it'; 'You don't need a dog you've got your brothers' -yea right I dont want to shove a collar and lead onto my brother, imagine that, 'Here Mikey, Mikey. Come here. Come on! Good Boy!' .... It's just wrong on so many levels. Ikk.

Anyway, I've had this scenario in my mind that one day walking to (or from) school that a stray dog would just 'follow me home' It wouldnt have any collars or tags, and I'd just have to keep it. Ha yeah right!

So this morning i'm running terribly late for uni, and not two houses down a brown dog walks up to me. '!' I think, 'Here doggy' I call. Can this be? It bounds up to me and I grab its collar. Darn. It must have an owner. Oh well, I check it's tags to see if there's a name/number/address. Theres 2 tags, one from the RSPCA (ooh, maybe it IS a stray) and one from the city council.
I see an older lady walking up the road, maybe she's seen the dog before, so I ask her. She doesn't know, because she only has cats (snicker) while I'm talking to the cat-lady another neighbour pulls up, so I ask him If he knows who it belongs to. He doesn't know either. great. Now I'm REALLY running late and I have a missing dog. I head back home, tagging the dog along and call my brother to come out and help. His grilfriend, comes out and by now I'm certain that someone will find out what to do with it, so I rush to the bus stop and onward to uni.

Okay, so its not really like my dream, and they found the dog's owner and gave her back, but still, it was close enough. ^^

No comments: